16 May 2011

Date night with mother

While Saturday night for most is a time to get dolled up and meet with a "potential." I got dolled up and met with my mom. She actually came to a show I was interpreting which was nice of her since she doesn't understand Sign Language at all. It's now a family joke for when my parents see me interpret something and then afterwards come up and say, "Oh my goodness Sarah, that was great!" I mean let's be honest, I could be signing about how much I love oatmeal cookies and they would be none the wiser.  Never the less the support is always appreciated and the best part is we get to go out to dinner afterwards. 

Mother and I went to Mike's American Grill in Springfield for what we thought might be just a night cap but turned into a full on food feast. Below are a few photos of our wonderful night chatting about life, love,  faith, and so much more. Our food was superb as always. Mother enjoyed grouper over rice with jumbo asparagus while I got the crab cake and 5oz filet with mashed potatoes served with sautéed mushrooms. We also had the seasonal strawberry shortcake that I didn't grab a picture of because we nearly ate it out of the servers hand (poor girl might have lost a finger or two).

All in all Mike's is always on point if you have never gone, stop what you are doing right now and go and I love my mom. 
 



xoxo 
sister sarah 

No comments:

Post a Comment