05 July 2011

Famous encounter?

It was a famous encounter indeed. Last week Saturday my Dad and I brought my Papa to the WWII  in D.C. since he is a Navy Vet himself. Every Saturday Veterans travel from all over the country to this memorial and because of that former Senator as well as former Presidential Canidate Bob Dole is there twice every Saturday to sit and chat with them. When we walked up Dole said, “Now I know you’re from Topeka Kansas!” That warm and kind greeting from a past boss and friend for my dad made my family feel very special and for that it made the short 30minute trip to the memorial memorable (sorry for the pun).

Oh! after that we went to good stuff eatery for lunch. I love my grandparents because they aren’t health nuts, they love a good Hamburger, French Fries, and Milk Shake.

Xoxo,
The girl that wants to be able to eat the later 3 without caring

No comments:

Post a Comment